THE DOWER HOUSE HEXTON
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- Arrival & Departure times to be agreed with Dee Shipman at least a week before your stay. (01462 442 955).
- It is an absolute must that the property is left in the same clean and tidy condition that it is found in on day of arrival. A returnable £450 security deposit is required to be paid at the same time as the confirmation of booking deposit, and will be returned up to 2 weeks after the end of the stay when the property has been checked for breakages/damage etc. If there are any breakages, excessive cleaning (at an hourly rate) and/or complaints from neighbours (party noise) costs will be taken from the deposit.
- We will hold the provisional booking for 7 days, giving you time to send us the deposits. A deposit of 50% of the total hire fee secures the booking along with the returnable deposit of £450.00 against breakages/damage etc., the balance to clear through our bank by before 6 weeks before the use of The Dower House. (unless there is a special discount offer in place for full payment by an agreed earlier date in which case this will then apply).
- Payment can be made by bank transfer direct to:-
Bank Lloyds TSB
Account name Shipman Productions Ltd
Account number 18168068
Sort code 30 – 10 – 49
Or by cheque made payable to Shipman Productions Ltd and sent to Shipman Productions Ltd, The Dower House, Hexton, Nr Hitchin, Herts SG5 3JF.
- Cancellation: Please inform us immediately if you have to cancel your booking. The owners reserve the right to retain the deposit, or part of it according to the time frame of cancellation (see paragraph below). We will always do our best to re-let the property and should we be successful within the applicable time frame stated below a refund of the deposit will be made less £100.00 administration charge.
- If you let us know more than 16 weeks prior to arrival that you wish to cancel your booking the owners reserve the right to have 6 weeks from the date of cancellation to re-let the property after which you will receive back your whole deposit less the administration fee: if cancellation occurs between 16 and 12 weeks prior to the date of the booking you will lose half of the 50% deposit, ie 25% of the total hire fee. If you let us know between 12 and 6 weeks before arrival, this will mean the loss of 50% of the total booking fee. If you cancel within 6 weeks of arrival you will be liable for the full hire charge. We will always endeavour to re-let and reimburse you the appropriate amount as per the above time frames.
- In the unlikely situation of any unforeseen reason the property is unavailable (ie in the case of fire), and a confirmed booking has to be cancelled, we will return to the Hirer any monies paid, where upon the Owner’s liability will cease and the guest shall have no further claim. We strongly recommend that you obtain appropriate holiday insurance.
- You agree that as the property is used for private group short-term hire and is exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Acts.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or third parties for any death, personal injury, accident, cancellation, damage or loss of your personal property, expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way connected with the rental. No term of the Contract is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of The Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to the Contract.
- We provide all information and all statements are made in good faith and check, so far as is reasonable.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information given, or statements made whether orally, or in writing.
- Parents must take full responsibility for the well being and supervision of their children during their stay.
- The maximum accommodation capacity is 26 people for The Dower House, any requests for additional guests must be agreed by the owners before the hire.
- All bed linen, towels, kitchen towels, and tablecloths are provided.
- Cots, cot linen, and high chairs are not provided.
- Electricity and central heating are included in the price quoted.
- NO SMOKING in The Dower House.
- DOGS are permitted but must be agreed by the owners before the hire...and dogs are not allowed on first floor or top floor and not in the bedrooms.
- It is part of this agreement that if any furniture or other items are moved eg beds, cushions, lamps etc they must be replaced where they were before departure.
- The kitchen must be left clean and everything in its original place before departure
- If the outdoor barbeque is used it must be left clean before departure.
- All windows and doors must be closed and secured before departure from the property.
- All food contents of the cupboards and larder are for the owners’ use only.
- WARNING! We ask that our guests behave with regard for to our nearby village. Any anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and the owners can request that guests leave should this be the case. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund will be due. Amplified music and shouting in the grounds is not allowed between 11:00pm and 7:00am and the Hirer will lose all the Breakage & Damage deposit if this occurs.